Guidelines and Suggestions for Walking Labyrinths
- It is possible to just use your finger, finding comfort and insight without using oracle or tarot cards to support the practice. However, using oracle or tarot cards can help you to gain deeper insight as you travel your finger through the labyrinth. If you aren't using cards for insight, when you come to a letter and you don't know the answer make something up, and thus you find own your answers.
- I call “walking” the labyrinth when you travel your finger through the labyrinth. So I recommend printing the labyrinth and sitting down with the paper and physically touching the labyrinth as you “walk” it. I also recommend writing down the date you complete the labyrinth and writing the insights you glean right on the paper. I would then go back at the end of the “season,” perhaps wait until after a couple of different seasons, maybe even waiting a whole year, to see what insights time brings to this practice.
Walking a Labyrinth
- Use Tarot or Oracle Cards.
- You can draw them ahead of time and flip them over when you come to each letter/number depending on the labyrinth. You can also draw them as you come to each letter on the labyrinth.
- Most of the time, the first letter or number you come to in my labyrinths is prior to entering the labyrinth, asking you set an intention for this labyrinth “walk.” You can set your intention without the cards or you can use the cards to expand your view of your intention.
- Another alternative to try is to draw an additional one to three cards to sit on side to supplement the cards drawn for the labyrinth. These additional cards can deepen the insight, add to the overall message, and clarify the message you receive while “walking” the labyrinth.
- Do what makes you happy and brings as much insight as possible.